The AnniversaryAug 29, 2022
I had been dreading yesterday.
August 28, 2022 ... It's the fifth anniversary of my original diagnosis of a stage IV pressure wound.
What was making the day feel so hard to bear is the fact that, after over a year of being healed, or so I thought, I'm back on bed rest for Round 2.
Albeit, this time it's a stage III pressure wound, not a IV.
But still, the wound isn't healed yet, which is depressing as hell.
I had to get my mind out of the abyss because that stinkin' thinkin' wasn't doing me any good. In fact, it slows down my healing.
And this anniversary was coming around no matter what. There was no way to avoid it.
I needed to Operation INSPIRATION myself.
Yes, you read that right ... I'm not just the President of Operation INSPIRATION. I'm also a client, andI wouldn't be sharing all these valuable techniques for living beyond limits with you if I wasn't also using them myself.
When I tell you they've been road-tested and have proven themselves every time, I mean it.
So, here's what I did to move beyond my dread for this once-depressing day.
I flipped the gloomy script in my head.
Instead of drowning in the fact that I still have a wounded behind, I acknowledged it and moved forward to healthier thoughts, like all the good things I've learned, implemented and accomplished in the past five years, including:
- I value my health so much more now and the habits I practice reflect that.
- I also value my time much more now and, as a result, I live each day to the fullest.
- I'm discovering what's most important to me and focusing on it.
- At a time when I could have let my world get a lot smaller, I opened myself up and broadened my network of friends, colleagues and clients, both in real life and in my on-line community.
- I have a business I love, OperationINSPIRATION, through which I help you to live beyond limits so you can build the life you love.
- I've learned how to create and launch digital courses, and I have two that are opening back up in the fall.
- I have a side hustle I love, InspiraWear, in which I custom-make all sorts of nifty crocheted merchandise for you.
- My wound is healing more each day, and I am committed learning and doing what it takes to keep it healed.
I could go on and on, but I have a feeling you get the picture.
Instead of being a day to dread, August 28th has now become a day of celebration of who I've become and the life I'm living in the present, and inspiration for creating an even brighter future.
How about you? Is there a day or occasion that you're dreading?
Connect with me and I'll help you flip your script.
Your script-flipping InspiraWoman,